Leading Engineering Firms Specialize in Tax Deductions for Commercial Buildings

by | Apr 8, 2014 | Finance

Latest Articles



When you need energy efficiency certification, you need to contact national leaders in the engineering business that specializes solely in certifications for the EPAct 2005 Tax Deduction. An engineering firm should be licensed, and have many years of experience in this field in order to make sure you receive the best service. Accreditation includes LEED certified engineers, as well as Commercial Energy Raters, which all have requisites approved by the Internal Revenue Service. With all of these accreditations, they are able to perform inspections and assess energy models that are required in order to obtain the Section 179D tax credit. They should also carry a policy for errors and omissions that gives full audit provisions with no limits. You can rest assured you are using the right engineering firm when they have accredited staff on board.

True Tax Deduction Visionaries

The Section 179D tax deduction is a lesser known tax deduction that is in place to help many commercial building owners and lessees. With this tax deduction they can find a rewarding way to reduce their taxes while building and maintaining energy efficient structures. Engineering firms are able to help educate building owners, designers and contractors about the powerful tool that gives the perfect incentive for tax opportunities, the Energy Policy Act of 2005.

An Engineering Firm?s Mission Becomes Your Mission

The main mission of an engineering firm that is in business to assist companies in acquiring to know Section 179D tax deduction is to lower taxes, improve the flow of cash, and increase ROI. It is important to not only meet, but exceed the guidelines in place by the IRS. The purpose of providing such a tax incentive is to encourage more architects and designers to build energy efficient buildings that will improve the carbon foot print for America, and conserve energy. The best way to improve your business is to build establishments with energy efficient lighting, heating and air, and ventilation in order to enjoy a federal energy tax credit. You can also upgrade the previously mentioned items to conform to newer standards in order to be approved for the tax credit, as well. All of this requires inspections and certifications from professional engineers who are able to meet the standards set by the IRS.

Similar Articles