How to Get Bail Bonds Rutherford County

If you’re arrested, and told you may place a bond, or possibly get out on bond, it means that you may put up money as collateral to guarantee that you will show up for your court date, and you can be released from custody. If you go to court, you get the money back. Most people don?t have the money for Bail Bonds, so they hire a bail bondsman. Bail laws vary from country to country and from state to state within the US.

The bail bondsman, also called a bail agent, puts up Bail Bonds Rutherford County. That means that as a third party, he will pay the bond money for the court to hold until your court date and he will assume the risk that if you don?t show up for court, he forfeits getting his money back. He expects you to show up for court so he gets his money back. If you default by not showing up for court, the bail bondsman doesn?t get his money back from the court.

There are at least eight different forms of bail for defendants in the US. You can also be given a citation release, or cite out, right after being arrested. The officer gives you a citation with your court date, and you are released. A person may be released from jail recognizance, meaning that as long as you agree to obey the law and show up for court, you don?t actually pay the bond unless you forfeit by not showing up. Another option is a property bond, in which you, a friend, or family member agrees to post a property bond for property that meets a minimum value. The court places a lien on the property, and if you fail to appear for court, the court can foreclose on the property.

The typical types of Bail Bonds Rutherford County are surety bonds and cash bonds. In order to be available to those who need to get out of jail, bail bonds services have business hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The bail agent in turn charges you a non-refundable fee as a percentage of the amount of the bail bond, and you may be allowed to make payments. If you fail to appear, the Bail Bond Rutherford County company may apprehend you as well as sue you for the bond amount that they pledged to the court.